Are you trying to record vocals at home, but you keep hearing annoying popping noises in your tracks? If yes, then you need to buy a good pop filter. If you love watching music on YouTube, then you must have seen home recording singers using an additional gadget just in front of the microphone.
That is what is known as a pop filter. If you want to record the best possible sound quality on your vocals, then you need to use this essential recording equipment. Before I started using a pop filter, my vocals were full of buzz, and that pissed me off. However, things changed when I discovered this vital equipment through my friend.
Of course, you may be wondering what a pop filter is and how it will be of help to you. If that is the case, then count yourself lucky because today you have landed in the right place.
Well, to understand what a pop filter is, it is crucial first to educate you on what vocal pop is. A vocal pop occurs when snapping noises interfere with your vocals. These noises not only compromise the quality of your vocals but also interferes with your recording experience.
This is what is referred to as vocal pop.
Vocal pop can be subtle, but, in some cases, it may be so pronounced to the point where you ask yourself why you even choose to record your vocals. This has happened to me many times, and trust me; it is not fun.
That is why we recommend that you buy a pop filter.
Best Blue Yeti Pop Filters Reviews:
Here are some of the top-rated pop filters for the Blue Yeti Microphone.
1. Auphonix Pop Filter
Many pop filters come with a boom arm or a microphone stand. However, that is not the case with the Auphonix pop filter. The design of this pop-up filter allows you to attach it directly to your blue yeti microphone and all other USB microphones.
This not only gives you the comfort that you are looking for when recording your vocal, but it also enables you to record quality vocals. If you own a blue yeti microphone like me, then all that you need to do is clamp it directly on your yeti microphone and start using it.
You can also clamp it to any other desktop microphone. Unlike other pop filters, the Auphonix pop filter does not require you to drill a hole in order to attach it to your microphone.
All that you need to do is clamp it on your microphone. Auphonix pop filter is also equipped with a durable double layer of metal mesh that eliminates any noise that can compromise the quality of your sound. It is also made of sturdy materials that support the weight of the filter comfortably.
- It is compatible with blue yeti microphone and other desktop microphones.
- It is equipped with a double screen mesh that ensures that you record a distortion-free vocal.
- One-time installation. You only need to set it once and forget.
- It clamps directly to the microphone.
- It is affordable.
- It is meet the industry standards.
- It is strong and durable.
- The double screen allows high-frequency sound to pass-through.
- It is quite challenging to clean.
2. Aokeo Professional Pop Filter
If you want to record super quality vocals, that sound just like you using a studio microphone, on your blue yeti microphone, then we guarantee you that you won’t regret if you choose Aokeo professional pop filter.
This pop filter is suitable for podcast live broadcast, broadcast studios, and professional recording. It features an adjustable metal gooseneck that can comfortably support the weight of the filter when held in the right position.
The fact that its neck is flexible means that you can adjust the distance between the microphone and the screen to suit your needs. Aokeo professional pop filter is a universal pop filter, meaning that you can attach it to any microphone to prevent elements that can prevent you from recording quality sounds.
It also features a doubled layered screen that filters all unnecessary noises, thus ensuring that you produce great vocals when recording This equipment has a swivel mount for ease of installation and use. All that you need to do is allow a few simple instructions given.
- Doubled layered screen for quality recording.
- It is universally compatible.
- Adjustable metal gooseneck.
- It is easy to use and install.
- It produces quality vocals with no lisping or hissing sounds.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is suitable for outdoor recording and live performance.
- Cables and stands are sold separately.
3. Mudder Microphone Cover
Murder microphone is designed for blue yeti and yeti pro microphones. It is made of high-density foam that helps to reduce wind interference and unwanted noises, thus improving sound quality when recording.
It also helps to protect your blue yeti microphone against dust, moisture, and saliva. We highly recommend Murder microphone cover for people who cannot afford to buy pop filters.
It is not only cheaper, but it also helps to reduce the outside interface effectively, enabling you to record quality sound. The Murder microphone cover is suitable for podcasting, interviews, voice covers, conference calls, and field recordings.
- It is made of the quality and durable high-density foam.
- Breathable and durable.
- It is easy to clean.
- It helps to prove the quality of recording by eliminated outside interference.
- The form helps to protect the microphone from dust, saliva, and moisture.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It is affordable.
- Can get damaged easily if proper care is not given.
4. Vocal Beat Windscreen
The vocal beat windscreen is specially designed for blue yeti pro and blue yeti microphones. It is made of high-quality sponge that blocks out all unwanted background sounds, allowing you to record high-quality vocals.
This foam windscreen is also flexible, a factor that enables it to fit into any blue yeti microphone, including larger ones with a diameter of up to 2.5 inches. The vocal beat windscreen is one of the few foam covers that can comfortably fit into larger microphones.
Most windscreens on the market only fit on small microphones. This windscreen is also very easy to install. All that you need to do is hold the foam in your hand then place it gently on the microphone.
- High-density foam.
- It is to install and use.
- Made of high-quality materials that can last for many years.
- It helps to protect the microphone from saliva, dust, and moisture.
- Helps to block unwanted noise, enabling you to record high-quality audio.
- It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- It is very useful in filtering the T and P sounds.
- Comes with 36 months money-back guarantee.
- Does not block plosive sounds completely.
5. Blue Yeti Windscreen
Blue yeti windscreen is exclusively designed for blue yeti pop filter pro and blue yeti microphones. The kit contains a microphone pop filter shield and a foam wind cover. The blue yeti windscreen is ideal for eliminating wind interference and plosive.
It also helps to protect the yeti microphone from dust, moisture, and saliva when broadcasting or recording to ensure that you get high quality and clear vocal. The windscreen cover is made of durable high-density foam.
On the other hand, the pop filter features a 360-degree gooseneck that allows you to adjust the position of the screen as you wish to suit your needs. We recommend this kit for anybody who wants to record clear audio both indoors and outdoors.
- 360-degree gooseneck holder
- High-density foam
- Double layered filter for quality sound recording
- It is simple and easy to use.
- It eliminates unwanted noises, enabling to you record quality sound.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It is of high quality and durable.
- It is affordable.
- Some users have complained about its durability.
6. Microphone Studio Pop Filter
This pop filter contains a clamp that allows you to attach it directly to your blue yeti microphone. This means that you don’t need a buy clamp to use this device. It fits well with the microphone without damaging it.
This pop filter features an adjustable gooseneck that is strong and can easily support the weight of the filter head. It also features a double mesh layer that eliminates the background and unwanted noise to ensure that you record quality vocals.
If you care about the quality of your audio, then we recommend that you purchase this pop filter.
- Flexible gooseneck.
- Double mesh screen.
- Clamps directly.
- It is strong and durable.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It is affordable.
- It blocks unwanted noise enabling you to record high-quality audio.
- Not easy to clean.
7. Aedor Mic Cover
Are you searching for a professional windscreen, but you are on a tight budget? If yes, then Aedor mic cover is precisely what you need. We recommend this windscreen pop filter because it is durable and of high quality.
Its foam cover is made of dual-layer high-density foam with fantastic elasticity. The cover can fit on any blue yeti microphones, including those with a 2.5-inch diameter. It is beneficial in blocking unwanted noises to help improve your audio quality.
It also helps to protect your microphone against moisture, saliva, and dust. Aedor mic cover is suitable for field recording, musical instruments, conferences, voiceovers, and much more.
- High destiny and elastic foam.
- It is easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Helps to protect the mic against dust and moisture.
- It helps to eliminate unwanted background noise.
- It is affordable.
- Fairly fragile.
8. HDE Microphone Pop Filter for Blue Yeti
- Pitch Perfect Sound: Provides you loud and clear sound on every use with no inconvenience with its double mesh screen design which reduces wind entrance and distortion.
- Flexible Setup Options: Comes with a 360 flexibility with more durability gained flexible gooseneck holder provides a firm grip of shield and gives extra satisfaction for trouble-free positioning.
- Secure Fit: With its screw on the adjustable clamp can be easily installed on any type of surface with an easy and efficient attaching facility with the most familiar desktop USB microphones.
HDE 6- Inch Pop Filter comes with an easy-to-use facility, which is one of the most convenient and affordable Pop filters available in the market that are known for their working ability.
Built with a dual-layer of woven nylon mesh, making it a durable product to rely on. Helping in descending high and rough vocal notes into smooth and softly done vocals.
Tried and tested by various music industries. Ensuring consonants and directional high-quality results, for anyone who is recording their voice notes with the HDE-6 Inch Pop Filter. Advanced with an adjustable neck which has its 360 rotational adaptabilities to ease you with trouble-free positioning.
Its screw level adjustable clamps making it a more preferable product. Other measurements of HDE-6 inch pop filter are acquired as 6-inch double mesh screen, with a 14-inch flexible gooseneck and an adjustable clamp of 2-inches.
- 6-inch double mesh layer.
- 14-inch flexible gooseneck.
- Steady with flexibility and firm grip.
- Easy to use, direct clamping system.
- Double woven nylon layers introduced for amazing sound.
- Might be hard to wash.
9. InnoGear Microphone Pop Filter
- Two Screen Pop Filter: The first side work to contain all the executive wind blast not required in the audio recording, while the second layer of pop filter holds the vocal softens and smooths it for the best outcome.
- Adjustable Gooseneck: Comes with an adjustable gooseneck built with steel for a firm grip.
- Easy mount: Comes with an easy to install and remove feature because of its screw-based adjustable clamps.
InnoGear Microphone Pop Filter is another preferred pop filter that works efficiently on blue yeti microphones, with its easy to install and removing facility because its screw-based adjustable clamps make it, an going pop filter that can be used easily at any place.
Rather than this pop filter also gains a fantastic quality flexible gooseneck that is exceptional in its built quality and can hold the shield perfectly and firmly while working, making this pop filter for a trouble-free positioning pop filter.
Its dual layers of fine material shields help the customer first by stopping the forceful air from distorting the audio while performing or recording and then rendering it onto the second layer of the product for a better smooth and soft vocal outcome with a required amount of voice smoothness.
- Dual-layer fine material shields.
- Steel built flexible gooseneck.
- Firm in grip.
- Reliable and strong.
- Simple quick installation.
- None Found.
10. Knox Gear Pop Filter for Yeti Microphone
- Designed especially for Yeti Microphones: It has a very easy to adapt installation method that works perfectly well with blue yeti microphones, The clamp of this pop filter is flat instead of curved that sets perfect with the blue yeti microphones.
- Fully Adjustable Gooseneck Arm: This pop filter comes with a fully adjustable gooseneck arm that can be adjusted with the user’s preference.
For extra stability, you can bend the gooseneck arm around the microphone for clear audio recording and stable sound.
- Large Surface Area: Comes with a 6-inch big surface area that covers all of the extra spaces for providing the best adaptation on sound for increased softness and smoothness of your audio while recording.
As you know many pop filters come with a boomstick type of stands, where that’s not in this case Knox Gear Pop Filter comes with an adjustable gooseneck arm that can be adjusted as per the preference of the user.
Its screw-type clamp system making it a more preferable choice for using it with blue yeti microphones that this pop filter can be situated directly with the mic.
Another plus point of this microphone is that instead of being curved it’s flat that helps you to comfortably adjust your microphone with itself for a better enhancement in your vocals and better for smooth and soft voice.
The company has carefully worked on the material that is why it’s considered an amazing product in its durability.
- A compatible product for Blue Yeti Microphones.
- Reliable quality material.
- It clamps directly on the microphone.
- Adjustable Gooseneck.
- Provides great guard from saliva.
- Comes with a flexible gooseneck.
- Simple and easy installation.
- Fairly Fragile.
How to Choose the Best Blue Yeti Pop Filter? – Buying Guide
Some basic things are important for you to know before purchasing any Pop Filter or windscreen for Blue Yeti Mics and Microphones, regarding your needs.
Or you might fall for the wrong decision making for buying yourself a pop filter that would lead you to total wastage of money and time.
We have studied and researched everything in detail for you to see before buying the perfect pop filter for you for your total satisfaction with the product you purchase.
These are some major things that you must know before making a purchase.
As pop filters for blue yeti microphones come in different sizes it all depends on you to choose for what purpose you’re looking from a pop filter to ease you with.
We recommended roughly about 6-inch pop filters for your microphones.
Pop filters come in different shapes but we recommend you to stick with any one of these for the best result,
- Curved: As they are preferred for any vocalist who does slight movements while recording.
- Flattered: For any vocalist who refers to smooth and soft vocals while they speak through the center of the pop filter.
Pop Filter comes with different mounting clamps but mostly preferred clamps are with the screw-head system because they are best for holding the pop filter firmly.
Different pop filters come with a stand or boomstick types with very less flexibility and may damage your microphone,
Pop filters with flexible gooseneck are recommended because they are easy to adjust and situate while performing any recording.
With increased flexibility in your pop filter gooseneck arm, you can adjust it in your preferred way, or for firm grip and stability, you can even situate it with the microphone.
Do You Need A Pop Filter For Blue Yeti?
You don’t need a pop filter on your blue yeti mic to record but for getting pleasant, smooth, and soft vocals while recording any material vocalist prefers different types of pop filters that are helpful as they render the high exclusive vocals to soft and smooth voice notes.
Rather than this pop filter also helps in reducing your mic getting damage from getting saliva spilled while recording high-notes.
Pop filters also reduce the tendency of noise and distortion as some of them are situated near the mic or over the metallic grid of the microphone professional vocalist do recommend having a pop filter before making any recordings as they provide better output results.
What Foam Pop Filter For A Blue Yeti Mic?
If you decide to choose a foam/sponge filter for your blue yeti rather than windshield pop filters, we recommended you to choose an airy and-sponge foam filter, or else you may feel low voice adaptability from the mic,
As it covers the metallic grid of the microphone and has very less area from where the sound waves enter the microphone.
Benefits Of Using Pop Filters:
There are several benefits of using a pop filter some of them are mentioned below:
- Reduce distortion.
- Reduce forceful wind.
- Increase mics durability.
- Increase betterment in vocals by softening and smothering voice.
- Save your microphone from getting saliva while performing.
- Executes negatively high-notes while you perform at your best.
- Increase stability and provides optimal sound quality while recording.
What Is the Difference Between Pop Filter and Windscreens?
Pop filters are made from soft sponge stocking like mesh that covers the grid metallic area of the microphone from preventing it from adapting high exclusive vocals and renders it to soft and smooth voice notes.
Helping in reducing plosives popping sounds (P, B, T, K, G) making it look like you’re not spitting over the mic.
Windscreens Pop Filters:
Windscreen pop filters are used for stopping the unnecessary wind from hitting the microphone producing noise while recording.
It covers up to 80% of the microphone for reducing wind distortion while performing any material, even helps your mic from getting saliva on it while doing high-notes, it renders your vocals into smooth and soft voice notes.
Both the POP FILTERS are highly recommended while recording your vocals because they facilitate you with better results and give you a satisfactory result.
What Causes Vocal Pop?
If you have ever recorded your vocals, then you must have realized that some recordings were quite clear, while others had annoying popping noises. A vocal pop usually when you emphasize words such as B and P.
These words are commonly referred to us as plosive sounds. These words are generally produced forcefully to the microphone, thus creating a rattling effect that can ruin the quality of sound. For instance, when you light a candle and say the words B and P, you will quickly notice that the flame flicks.
This is because of the plosive sound produced. On the other hand, if you pronounce a word such as Ah, you will notice that the candle hardly flicks. When you produce plosive sounds such as B and P, you use a lot of force, and that is why the candle flicks.
On the other hand, when you pronounce words such as AH, you use less energy, and that is why the candle hardly flicks. The same thing occurs when recording your vocals, and that is why you usually hear an unpleasant disturbance, especially when your vocal is full of plosive sounds.
What Exactly Is a Pop Filter?
If you have ever seen a video of your favorite musician recording vocals at the studio, then you must have seen a circular device standing between him and the microphone. That circular nylon mesh device that sits just in front of the microphone is known as a pop filter or pop shield. A pop filter is used to eliminate popping sounds(plosives). They help to prevent fast-moving air from compromising the quality of your vocal.
Another critical function of a pop filter is that it helps prevent saliva from going into the microphone when singing. This is important because your saliva comprises of corrosive elements that can damage the microphone over time. It also prevents your microphone from smelling bad.
The science behind pop filters is pretty simple. The filter acts as a buffer, meaning that when sound is emitted, it first hits the filter before it gets to the microphone. When air hits the filter, it breaks the sound particles into different directions. As a result, only high and midrange sounds get into the microphone. Inconsistent vocals are stopped, a factor that helps to improve the overall quality of your recording.
Why Own a Pop Filter? 🤔
Reasons why you should own a pop filter for your blue yeti microphone:
1. It Helps to Minimize Plosives:
Do you want to boost the quality of your recordings when using your blue Yeti microphone? If yes, then we advise you to buy a pop filter. This important gadget will help to enhance the quality of your recording by eliminating plosives.
Some people will tell you that a pop filter is not useful. They will advise you that high-quality blue microphones are all that you need for excellent sound production. However, that is not true. I was also told that, too, but I ended up regretting it. Using a pop filter can be the difference between producing high-quality audio or a harsh sound.
The difference between professional sound production and amateur production depends on whether you use a pop filter or not. So, if you want to record noise-free quality sound, then we recommend that you buy a high-quality pop filter.
2. the Helps to Keep Moisture Off the Mic:
A blue yeti microphone is not that cheap. It is not a device that you can buy anytime when you feel like it. That is why you need to protect it so that it serves you for a long time. One of the greatest enemies of a microphone is moisture.
If moisture builds up on the microphone for a long period, then it will not only shorten the lifespan of your yeti microphone, but it will also compromise the quality of audio that you will record.
It is, therefore, crucial to protect from moisture, and there is no better way to do than using a pop filter. This pop filters act as a barrier and helps to block moisture from finding its way to the microphone.
3. They Prevent Your Blue Yeti Microphone from Smelling Bad
I always wondered why my microphone would smell terrible until I realized that it was as a result of saliva accumulation. If you want to produce quality vocals, then you need to be in a clean environment. A smelly microphone can turn you off and can prevent you from signing at your level best.
The best way to protect your blue yeti microphone from the bad smell is by using a pop filter. It will act as a barrier, meaning that it will help prevent saliva from reaching the microphone. This means that your microphone will smell fresh all the time.
If you have been searching for quality but affordable pop filters for your blue yeti microphone, then the ones listed above will not let you down, they are some of the best pop filters available.
They have all been tested and proven beyond a reasonable doubt to deliver quality results. If you want to take your singing career to the next level, then you won’t regret it if you choose any of the above-listed pop filters.
Don’t forget to try out any additional features as needed such as headphones, shock mount, mic stands, pop screen, and microphone arm to suit your needs and in no time you’ll have your own recording studio.