- The Best Vlogging Kits For Begginers
- 1. V1 Complete Vlogging Kit with Grip by Movo
- 2. SmartCine Vlogging Bundle with Grip Rig for iPhone and Android by Movo
- 3. Smartphone Vlogger Kit with LED Light, Tripod for iPhone and Samsung
- 4. Vlogging Stabilizer Kit for iPhone Smartphones
- 5. SmartCine W1 YouTuber Kit with Phone Rig for iPhone and Android by Movo
- The Best Vlogging Cameras For Beginners
- The Best Lighting Cameras For Beginners
- 1. 8-inch Selfie Ring Light with Tripod Stand and Cell Phone Holder for Vlogging
- 2. 18-inch 55W 5500K Dimmable LED Ring Light with Light Stand and Carrying Bag by Neewer
- 3. 10-inch LED Ring Light with Tripod Stand and Phone Holder for Live Streaming
- 4. 18-inch SMD LED Ring Light with 78.7-inch Light Stand, Filter and Hot Shoe Adapter by Neewer
- 5. 10-inch Selfie Ring Light with 50-inch Extendable Tripod Stand for Vlogs
Welcome to the first step in your future, and hopefully successful, vlogging experience. Today we’ll be reviewing some of the high-quality vlogging gear out there, including full on kits that have all your essentials included, as well as cameras and the ever popular ring lights. There’s so many choices when it comes to what technology, what brand, what model to use for all of these components, and today we’re here to help. Do you go with the Gopro or the Canon DSLR or the Sony? What kits work well with my iphone smartphone?
The Best Vlogging Kits For Begginers
SmartCine W1 YouTuber Kit with Phone Rig, Wireless Microphone, LED Light, Fisheye Lense for iPhone...
A lot of the deciding factors for which model and brand to use revolve around what your focus is going to be. What is your goal? Are you hoping to be a youtuber or vlogger or are you just looking for equipment to make your zoom calls more video friendly? Are you looking to be a videographer, looking for something to attach to your drone, or just looking to play around with some editing software such as imovie or final cut pro? There’s so many different uses for each of these pieces of equipment and they all boast different specialties. Unfortunately, due to the nature of technology, making the wrong decision can be a pricey one. What type of DSLR camera to purchase can be daunting when simply looking at the price tags if you know nothing about them. The audio quality and the video quality are all slightly different and today we’ll give a little bit of equipment information for the entry level to mid level vlogger.
1. V1 Complete Vlogging Kit with Grip by Movo
- ENHANCE YOUR SMARTPHONE: Compatible with smartphones 2.2" to 3.6" wide...
- EASY TO USE: An easy to assemble smartphone rig that's perfect for...
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: We’ve got your back. Our products are designed to...
A high quality, high value kit, this complete kit for iPhone and Android by Movo has everything for your first kit. No longer are the days of the clunky family camcorder, instead we have smartphones and accesories to the item we most know how to use. With low, medium, and bright, the LED light should be enough for any tyhpe of lighting situation you’ll find yoruself in. From the office to outdoors, a selfie stick accessory would make this rig highly versatile for any outdoor vlogging or streaming. Compatible with smartphones 2.2″ to 3.6″ wide, including the iphone models 5 and above, as well as the Samsung Galaxy.
- What the rig includes: shotgun mic, smartphone grip, bluetooth remote and accessories, LED light
- Adjustable brightness LED light
- Easy to use and a one year warranty
2. SmartCine Vlogging Bundle with Grip Rig for iPhone and Android by Movo
- ALL-IN-ONE KIT: The SmartCine smartphone grip features a built-in...
- SMARTPHONE RIG: Fits smartphones between 2.2" - 3.8" wide and includes...
- CLEAR AUDIO: Stereo microphone significantly improves your smartphone...
The SmartCine Vlogging Bundle is pretty stylish. The way that your phone fits behind the lenses makes for a ton of different options when it comes how tight or wide of a shot you’re looking for. Video recording is easy and simple with this kit and it’s an excellent starter kit. The circular ring LED lighting will make sure to give you perfect lighting in close quarters for your youtube channel. Excellent mid level piece of equipment guaranteed to give you quality video compared to a standard webcam.
- Kit includes a built in stereo microphone, LED ring light, lens kit
- Stereo microphone for extra high audio quality
- 16″ max height Mini tripod included that easily attaches and detaches for whenever you may need it
3. Smartphone Vlogger Kit with LED Light, Tripod for iPhone and Samsung
- Vertical & horizontal: This Phone Holder allows your phone to be in...
- Professional MIC: The cardioid microphone with a professional shock...
- Tripod: This handheld table tripod have adjustable legs (3 level...
A more basic rig, this is definitely an excellent jumping in point for the beginner videographer. Complete with a mini tripod, this rig slots your phone above the base, and then uses one side or another for each of it’s features. The features are nothing to scoff at though, as the LED light bar will light you up well, for all your indoor recording video needs. The versatility to be able to shoot vertical and horizontal is also a plus and not all models support this option. I would recommend this for the very beginner vlogger, or if you’re looking for a basic solution without all the bells and whistles that a professional would necessarily need.
- Kit includes a professional mic, mini tripod, LED light, vertical and horizontal phone holder
- Supports all smartphones with 3.5mm audio jack. If you have an iPhone 7 and above you will need to purchase an additional adapter (not included)
- Professional mic with a shock mount
4. Vlogging Stabilizer Kit for iPhone Smartphones
- Great for Flim Makers---- It is a must have for You, if you love...
- Professional Smartphone Video Photography Kit--A fantastic tool for...
- A Real Smoothie----A must-have accessory for anyone wanting to improve...
This kit stands out among the others primarily because of it’s microphone and the protection it has against wind. Supports most smartphones with 3.5 mm audio jack, and if you have an apple iPhone 7 and above you will need to purchase an additional adapter (not included). The best part about this particular rig is its versatility in being able to attach to any dolly, tripod or slider. Many options only include a tripod, so this is nice for the amateur filmmaker looking to shoot good quality video with their phone. The LED light is very bright and very useful for lighting subjects in dark spaces, as well as adding that extra level of highlight for well lit areas.
- Very bright LED light
- External microphone with wind resistance protection
- Attaches to any tripod, slider or dolly
5. SmartCine W1 YouTuber Kit with Phone Rig for iPhone and Android by Movo
- ALL-IN-ONE SMARTPHONE VIDEO LIGHTING KIT - Features a Universal Phone...
- SMARTPHONE RIG: Adjustable Grip to Fit Smartphones Between 2.2" -...
- WIRELESS 2.4GHz LAVALIER MICROPHONE SYSTEM: Built-in Receiver with...
This is the most advanded, expert level vlogging kit we’re going to be recommending today. This kit has pretty much everything you could possibly need from a video camera rig. Made with quality parts, this high end model gives an audio quality unparalleled to the previous options. The lavalier microphone system is wireless and allows for high quality audio from up to 40 meters away. The many different lenses that this rig comes complete with also provides an excellent array of options, and should provide more than suitable for any vlogging environment you’ll find yourself in. While a little more expensive than our previous options, this option also has a one year warranty so that you can rest assured you’re going to be satisfied with your moneys worth.
- Universal phone rig, wireless lavalier microphone system, LED light with lens accessories for wide, tight, and telephoto angles
- 3 levels of brightness for the LED ring light that comes with a rechargeable battery
- 1 year warranty
The Best Vlogging Cameras For Beginners
1. GoPro Hero8 Black Action Vlogging Camera for Live Streaming
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization – On,...
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and...
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do...
GoPros are synonymous with sports and high quality. The Hero8 is one of their touch screen models and it offers impressive stats, including 4k ultra HD videos and 12MP photos in a waterproof case. Depending on the level of extreme you’re going to be taking your vlogging, you may want to consider this GoPro model. Not only is it extremely rugged, but it’s also extremely easy to use and easily compatible with popular video editing softwares such as adobe premiere pro and final cut pro. This is a very high quality action camera that is recommended especially for those looking for an excellent combination of easy to use, professional level quality, and durability.
- 4k ultra HD video
- 12 MP photos
- 1080p live streaming stabilization
2. Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 Digital Camera
- 10x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture...
- Built in Wi Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of...
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor...
The Canon Powershot ELPH is a pretty standard digital camera. The optical image stabilization provides for a great fluidity and reduces jerkiness when not using proper equipment. Excellent point and shoot camera, this is probably one of the best cameras you’ll need if you’re looking for a piece of technology to get you started. The ability to use the optical zoom at 10x will allow you some flexibility that other models don’t provide, and depending on your subject and environment, you may want to consider that feature.
- 720p HD video capabilities
- 10x optical zoom
- optical image stabilizer
- 20.0 megapixel CCD sensor
3. Nikon COOLPIX B500 Digital Camera
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3 inches BSI CMOS sensor
- Nikkor f/3.0 6.5 millimeter ED lens
- 22.5 900 millimeter (35 millimeter equivalent)
This is a high quality camera with little set up and a high ease of use. The 40x wide optical zoom from this model makes almost nothing too far away to be captured. Providing 1080p FULL HD will be able to give you the quality video you require, and will transfer to your youtube channel or website well. The large, tilting LCD display makes the menu very easily navigable and has many options that allow you to change the internal settings depending on your environment so that the camera does all the hard work for you.
- 40x wide optical zoom
- 1080p Full HD
- Large, tilting LCD display
4. Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera Kit with Lenses
- Equipped with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC to make wireless sharing of...
- The 18 0 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor and the DIGIC 4+ Image processor...
- Polished Full HD videos with our easy manual control of exposure,...
This is our most advanced camera we’ll be recommending today. The Canon EOS rebel T6 is a professional level video camera that not only can shoot your vlog, but also your next movie. This is one of the top of the line products and the vast amount of features and customization available prove why. One of the things that I love about this camera in particular, compared to the others, is the interchangeable lenses. When it comes to lenses, there’s so many different kinds you can get. While they are very expensive, you can shop around and find some older and maybe used models that will suit just fine. One of the nice things you can do with this camera as well is rent the lenses depending on the needs of your special project. This camera also offers full HD 1080p video which should be more than enough for almost anything you’ll need beyond the most intense nature shots. The 18.0 megapixel CMOS image sensor is top of the line and the processor is as well so you’ll be getting very little grain in your photos. The nice thing about this camera compared to some others as well is the built in wi-fi. No longer do you need to use a USB to transfer everything, but rather you can do it all wirelessly. This is one of the nicest features I appreciate about this model and I highly recommend it.
- Built in wi-fi for easy sharing of photos and videos
- Full HD 1080p video
- 18.0 megapixel CMOS image sensor
- Interchangeable lenses that allow for maximum customization
5. Sony DSCHX80/B High Zoom Camera
- 30x Optical/60x Clear Image Zoom ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 18.2MP...
- Versatile video w/ high-quality XAVC S, AVCHD & MP4 formats, Simple...
- Selfie-ready 3" Extra Fine LCD multi-angle display, P/A/S/M modes,...
This high quality point and shoot Sony video camera is an excellent choice for those who want the best but don’t want to have to learn and invest in interchangeable lenses. The selfie ready display is a nice touch, and the 30x optical / 60x clear zoom allow you to customize your shot from a standing position like not many others. The ability to use your smartpohone as a remote control is an awesome feature of this camera and while it may not seem necessary, I recommend trying it out. Connecting to wi-fi like the other before this is also a plus to this high quality model. Also a memory card allows for transfer of photos without using the wi-fi.
- 30x optical / 60x clear zoom
- point and shoot ease of use
- Selfie ready
- Use your smartphone as a remote control
The Best Lighting Cameras For Beginners
1. 8-inch Selfie Ring Light with Tripod Stand and Cell Phone Holder for Vlogging
- 【Dimmable Ring Light】Featuring 3 color lighting modes: Warm Light...
- 【Upgraded Tripod Stand】No-Twisting-To-Lock that collapses over...
- 【Rotatable Phone Holder】You can easily adjust the phone holder to...
This 8 inch selfie ring light is an excellent starting to mid level lighting kit. The high quality tripod locks with flips instead of a twist with provides a longer lasting hold, and the 17.5″ to 51″ range is impressive. The light comes in 3 modes, including cool white, warm light, and day light, to get you lit perfectly no matter the mood you’re aiming for. The rotating phone holder allows for both horizontal and vertical modes, as well as diagonal and tilts that other models don’t offer. The amount of angles you can get with this model is pretty much limited only to your imagination.
- USB powered
- Rotatable Phone holder
- Dimming ring light with 3 color modes
- 3 year replacement service
2. 18-inch 55W 5500K Dimmable LED Ring Light with Light Stand and Carrying Bag by Neewer
- PLEASE NOTE: 1. The light stand is packed in a separate box INSIDE the...
- Kit includes: (1)18"/48cm Outer 55W 5500K LED Ring Light+(1)61"/155cm...
- Dimmable 18"/48cm Outer 55W 5500K 240 Pieces LED bulbs with a wide...
This 18 inch Dimmable light is a professional level quality and offers a dimmable range that goes from 1 percent to 100 percent compared to most other models that offer digital dimming with only 3 – 5 different options. Lightweight and portable, this ring light shines with 55 W and has both a white and orange color filter set. Aluminum tripod, this model expands all the way to 61″ and has legs stable enough for any surface.
- Analog Dimmable range
- 55 W outer ring light with white and orange color filter set
- Aluminum, highly flexible tripod
- Hot shoe adapter
3. 10-inch LED Ring Light with Tripod Stand and Phone Holder for Live Streaming
- 【10" Ring Light】 AIXPI ring light comes with tripod stand & cell...
- 【Adjustable Brightness】3 colors lighting mode: white, warm yellow,...
- 【Universal Phone Holder】 The phone clip can be extended to...
This 10″ LED ring light is perfect for live steaming. Just place your phone in the universal phone holder, plug the USB into a power source, and start streaming. The mini tripod is perfect for desks and tables, conveniently the perfect height for when you’re sitting in a chair at the computer. This is a pretty basic model but with a slightly larger light, coming in at 10″, and will be perfect for stationary live streams.
- 10″ LED ring light
- Mini tripod for desks and tables
- USB powered
- Universal phone holder
4. 18-inch SMD LED Ring Light with 78.7-inch Light Stand, Filter and Hot Shoe Adapter by Neewer
- KIT INCLUDES: (1)LED Ring Light, (1)Light Stand, (4)White Filter,...
- Dimmable SMD LED RING LIGHT: Dimmable 18 inches/48 centimeters LED SMD...
- STURDY SUPPORT STAND: Adjustable height ranges from 36.2 inches/92...
This is our largest RIng light that we’ll be taking a look at today. Coming in at 18 inches, this is great for not only lighting yourself, but potentially others as well. Not only is this option dimmable, but it also comes with white and orange color filters so you can achieve the perfect luminosity and hue that you desire for the specific mood you’re looking for. The stand extends to 78.7 inches, which is the largest stand we have talked about today as well.
- Dimmable SMD LED Ring light
- Impressive 18″
- White and orange color filters
- Completely rotatable phone holder and a very durable stand
- Hot shoe adapter
5. 10-inch Selfie Ring Light with 50-inch Extendable Tripod Stand for Vlogs
- 【Dimmable Ring Light】UBeesize 10" Ring Light features 3 light...
- 【Adjustable & Stable Tripod】Extending from 16" to 50", and tripod...
- 【Endless Lighting Angle】3-way pan head with a convenient handle...
The nice thing about this particular 10″ selfie ring light is how flexible the phone holder is in inside the light. To be able to move your video camera around so freely is a nice feature and allows you to move the shot without moving the lighting, which comes in handy. The bluetooth remote is a nice touch, and the fact that this stable tripod allows heights of 50″ is more than enough for most applications you’ll find yourself needing.
- Dimmable ring light with 3 colors, warm, white, and daylight
- Bluetooth remote
- 50″ tripod
- Flexible phone holder
When it comes to starting your vlog or youtube channel, it’s important to have the right equipment and camera. It’s not as simple as it used to be with your family’s camcorder, but now there’s so many different options. Should you go with a kit? Should you got with something that your phone could just attach to? Or should you get a professional level camera and get the rest of the accessories all separately?
Most people start with their smartphone and eventually move to a higher end, dedicated camera, and today we’ve laid out some of the most highly rated options that provide the best value as well as high quality. Whether you’re going to be utilizing a green screen and having a full on production, or simply looking for a mirrorless camera that will get the job done, it’s important to know the options that are out there, and I hope you learned a little today about your options. There’s so many options for every feature, including the popular Gorillapod tripod that can take your game up to the next level, now you’re at least familiar with the
Last talk about import equipment needed such as proper lighting, proper microphone and camera. You can mention how most YouTubers start by using a high-quality smartphone and can upgrade later to a dedicated camera.